The Motorola Moto G 5G is a reliable phone that offers great value for money. However, accidents can happen, and if you drop your phone, the display may become cracked. A broken display can be frustrating, but the good news is that it’s possible to replace it yourself with the right tools and some patience. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of replacing the Motorola Moto G 5G display. We’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions and tips to ensure that you replace the display safely and successfully. Don’t worry if you’ve never attempted phone repair before; with our guidance and attention to detail, you can do it yourself and save money on professional repairs. Keep in mind that replacing a phone display can be a challenging task, and you should have some knowledge of phone repair before you begin. If you’re not confident or comfortable carrying out the repair yourself, it’s best to take your phone to a professional repair service. Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s dive into the steps you need to follow to replace the Motorola Moto G 5G display.
Step-by-step guide to replacing the Motorola Moto G 5G display
Before you begin, here are some things you’ll need:
- A replacement display for the Motorola Moto G 5G
- A set of phone repair tools, including a screwdriver, plastic opening tool, and suction cup
- A clean, well-lit workspace with no dust or debris
Now that you’ve gathered all the necessary tools, you can begin the replacement process. Follow these steps carefully to ensure a successful display replacement:
- Power off your Motorola Moto G 5G phone and remove the SIM card tray with the SIM eject tool
- Heat up the edges of the display with a hairdryer or heat gun to loosen the adhesive securing it in place
- Insert a plastic opening tool or a guitar pick under the edge of the display and gently pry it away from the phone body
- Work your way around the edges of the display, gently prying until it’s fully separated from the phone body
- Using the screwdriver, remove the screws that hold the display frame in place
- Once you’ve removed all the screws, use a plastic opening tool to release any remaining adhesive holding the display into the frame
- Carefully lift out the old display and disconnect the ribbon cable by releasing the locking mechanism on the motherboard
- Connect the ribbon cable from the new display to the motherboard, making sure the locking mechanism is secure
- Attach the new display to the frame and replace the screws
- Power on your phone and check that the new display is working correctly
There you have it! With these steps, you should now have successfully replaced the display on your Motorola Moto G 5G. If you encounter any problems during the process or if your new display doesn’t work correctly, refer to our troubleshooting tips or take your phone to a professional repair service.
If you encounter any issues during the display replacement process, follow these tips to resolve common problems:
|New display not responding||Disconnect and reconnect the ribbon cable, ensuring it’s secure in place|
|Visible lines or black spots on the new display||Disconnect and reconnect the ribbon cable, ensuring it’s secure in place. If that fails, you may need to replace the display again.|
|Excessive heat or damage to other parts of the phone during the repair process||Take it to a professional repair service or an authorized Motorola service center for assistance.|
Can a Motorola screen be replaced?
Yes, a Motorola screen can be replaced. There are many repair shops or service centers that offer screen replacement services for Motorola devices. The mentioned website “iFixScreens” provides screen repair services for all kinds of devices including Motorola phones. The most common repair that they complete is a Motorola screen repair. Additionally, they also offer other repair services such as glass or LCD replacement, charge port replacement, battery replacement, or water damage clean-up.
Now that you’ve successfully removed the old display, you’re ready to install the new one. Follow these steps carefully to ensure you connect it to the phone correctly:
- Ensure any protective film is removed from the new display before you begin installation
- Align the new display into the frame making sure it is facing the right direction
- Replace and tighten the screws to secure the new display
- If the new display has a pre-attached adhesive, remove the protective film before installing it
- Connect the ribbon cable to the motherboard by gently pressing it until it clicks into place. Remember to align it correctly before pressing
- Tuck any excess cable into the phone frame before placing the display into the phone body
- Carefully reattach the display by pressing down firmly along the edges, making sure it snaps securely in place
It’s important to be careful during this process. Any mistakes can cause damage to the new display or other components in the phone.
Some interesting facts about the Motorola Moto G 5G display
The Motorola Moto G 5G comes with a 6.7-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. It has a pixel density of 393 pixels per inch and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 to prevent scratches and damage. The display is vivid and boasts excellent viewing angles, making it perfect for streaming videos and gaming.
Additional tips to protect your new phone display
After replacing the display on your Motorola Moto G 5G, it’s important to ensure it stays in good condition. Here are a few additional tips to protect your new display:
- Use a protective case – A good quality case can protect the phone from scratches and impacts that can damage the display
- Invest in a screen protector – A tempered glass or plastic screen protector can add an extra layer of protection to the display
- Avoid placing your phone face down – This can prevent scratches and reduce the risk of cracking the display if the phone is dropped
- Keep the phone away from hard and sharp objects – Avoid placing your phone in a pocket or bag with keys, coins or other sharp objects
How to set up a new monitor?
To set up a new monitor, start by checking that the cables are connected properly. Then, press Windows logo key + P to select a display option. If you need further assistance, follow these steps: Select Start > Settings > System > Display. Your computer should automatically identify your monitors and display your desktop.
Testing the new display and completing the replacement process
After installing the new display, it’s time to test it and ensure everything is working correctly. Follow these steps to complete the replacement process.
First, power on your Motorola Moto G 5G and check whether the display is working correctly. Make sure you can see the screen contents clearly without any flickering or distortion. If it’s working fine, move on to the next step, otherwise carefully redo the installation process.
Next, test the touch function of the display by launching the phone’s built-in touch screen diagnostic tool. Test the touch function by attempting to draw lines with your fingers across the screen. If there are any dead zones or touch problems, double-check the connection of the ribbon to the motherboard or reattach the display and test it again.
If everything is working perfectly fine, carefully reassemble the phone and replace all screws back into their original positions. Then, turn on your phone and test all functions including the camera, speakers, and the touch sensor to ensure they are functioning correctly.
In conclusion, replacing the display on a Motorola Moto G 5G phone might seem like a daunting task, but it’s possible to do it with the right tools and instructions. We hope you found this article helpful in guiding you through the process. Just be sure to take your time and follow each step carefully to avoid damaging any components in the phone. If you encounter any issues, don’t hesitate to seek professional help or other repair options.