The Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite is one of the popular mid-range smartphones from Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi, which has gained a lot of attention worldwide due to its impressive specifications and affordable price. Xiaomi has been known for regularly releasing software updates to its devices to provide users with new features, improved performance, and enhanced security. With the upcoming release of the new Android 13 Tiramisu operating system, many Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite users are wondering if their device will be eligible for the update. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the possibility of updating Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite to Android 13 Tiramisu, Xiaomi’s update policy, factors that determine a device’s eligibility for software updates, and how users can update their devices to the latest version if it becomes available. So, if you’re a Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite user, keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the Android 13 Tiramisu update.
Possibility of Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite getting Android 13 Tiramisu update:
As of now, Xiaomi has not officially confirmed which devices will be eligible for the Android 13 Tiramisu update. However, we can take a look at some factors that could determine whether Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite will receive the update or not:
- Hardware support: Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite packs a Snapdragon 765G chipset, which is powerful enough to handle the Android 13 operating system. However, the device’s hardware should meet the minimum requirements for the new release to function optimally.
- Software compatibility: To roll out any new update, Xiaomi needs to make sure that it is compatible with the device’s existing software and that it works without any glitches.
- Xiaomi’s update policy: Xiaomi usually provides software updates for two years for its mid-range devices, including the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite. As this device is not quite two years old yet, it stands a reasonable chance of getting the Android 13 Tiramisu update.
We will have to wait for an official announcement from Xiaomi to know the eligibility of Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite for this update. In the meantime, keep a lookout for any updates that Xiaomi rolls out in the future.
How long will Xiaomi be supported?
Xiaomi typically provides software updates for their devices for around 3 years from the release date of the device. However, some devices may continue to receive updates for longer. It’s important to note that Xiaomi’s software update policy may vary depending on the device and region. For specific information on a particular device, check Xiaomi’s website or the product page.
Xiaomi’s update policy for Mi 10 Lite and other devices
Xiaomi is known for its regular software updates for its smartphones. However, the update cycle varies depending on the device’s market segment. Here are some points to consider regarding Xiaomi’s update policy for Mi 10 Lite:
- Flagship devices: Xiaomi provides regular updates to its flagship devices. For instance, Xiaomi’s latest flagship, the Mi 11, will receive updates for at least three generations of Android, starting with Android 11.
- Mid-range devices: Xiaomi provides software updates for two years for its mid-range devices, including the Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite. This means that if the device is eligible for the Android 13 Tiramisu update, it will likely receive security patches and other bug fixes until mid-2023.
- Budget devices: Xiaomi provides fewer updates to budget devices as compared to its flagship and mid-range devices. Budget devices usually receive one major Android update, and thereafter, security patches for up to two years.
Here’s a table summarizing Xiaomi’s update policy for different market segments:
|Device Segment||Update Frequency||Support Duration|
|Flagship||Regular||3 Generations of Android|
|Budget||Periodic||1 Major Android Update + 2 Years of Security Patches|
In conclusion, Xiaomi’s update policy is noteworthy, and it is essential for the end-user to be aware of the same. Though Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite’s eligibility for Android 13 Tiramisu update is yet to be confirmed, there’s a good chance that the device will receive updates for at least two years from its release date.
What is the update policy of Xiaomi 13?
Xiaomi updates its devices regularly with security patches and system updates. As for the Xiaomi Mi 13, an exact update policy is not available as the device has not been released yet. However, based on past trends, Xiaomi usually provides system updates for its devices for up to two to three years after their release. Customers can stay updated with the latest information by checking Xiaomi’s website or following their social media accounts.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite’s eligibility for Android 13 Tiramisu update
While there is no official announcement yet, we can determine Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite’s eligibility for Android 13 Tiramisu update based on the following factors:
- Hardware Support: The hardware specifications of the device play a crucial role in determining whether it is eligible for the latest update or not. Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset, 6GB or 8GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage. Thus, the hardware specifications are compatible with the new operating system.
- Software Compatibility: The existing software version on the device should be compatible with the new update. Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite was launched with Android 10 and later updated to Android 11, which increases the chances of the device being eligible for Android 13.
- Xiaomi’s update track record: We can also look at Xiaomi’s update track record for similar devices to get an idea of the device’s eligibility for future updates. Xiaomi has already confirmed that two of its major brands, Poco and Redmi, will receive the Android 13 update. Considering that Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite is also a mid-range device, there’s a good chance that Xiaomi will include it in the update list.
It is essential to note, however, that there is no guarantee that Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite will receive the Android 13 update. Xiaomi will likely confirm the eligible devices for the new Android update in the coming months.
How to update MIUI 13 to 14?
To update MIUI 13 to 14, follow these simple steps:
1. Check if your device is eligible for the update: You can check this by visiting the Xiaomi official website or consulting your device manual.
2. Backup data: Before updating, it is always best to back up your data to avoid any potential loss during the update process.
3. Download the update: You can download MIUI 14 update directly from the Xiaomi official website or by using the system update function on your device.
4. Install the update: After downloading the update, navigate to the system update page and tap on the update file to begin the installation.
5. Wait for the installation to complete: Ensure that your device is plugged in during the installation process to prevent battery drain or interruptions.
6. Reboot your device: After the installation completes, reboot your device to enable all the new features.
If you encounter any issues during the update process, you can visit the Xiaomi official website for troubleshooting steps or contact Xiaomi customer support.
How to update Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite to Android 13 (if available)
If Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite is eligible for Android 13 update and the update becomes available, users can follow these steps to upgrade their device:
- Go to “Settings” and then “System Updates“
- Tap on “Download and Install” if the update is available over the air. The device will then begin downloading the update files.
- If the update is not available over the air, users can alternatively download the ROM package from the official Xiaomi website and install it manually using the following steps:
- Download the ROM package for Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite from the official Xiaomi website and copy it onto your device storage.
- Go to “Settings”, then “About phone”, and tap on “System update”.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select “Choose update package”.
- Select the downloaded ROM package and tap on “Reboot and update”.
It is essential to back up your device before the update to avoid data loss. You can also clean up your device using apps such as Files Go or SD Maid to free up storage space for the update files. Additionally, ensure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi and has sufficient battery charge to avoid interruptions during the update process.
How can I update my Xiaomi version?
To update your Xiaomi device, follow the instructions given below:
1. Go to the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down and tap on “About phone”.
3. Tap on “System update”.
4. If an update is available, tap on “Download” and wait for the download to complete.
5. Once the download is complete, tap on “Install” to install the update.
Alternatively, you can also update your Xiaomi device using the Mi PC Suite. This method is useful if you encounter any issues during the normal update process.
To use the Mi PC Suite, follow the instructions given below:
1. Download and install the Mi PC Suite on your computer.
2. Connect your Xiaomi device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Open the Mi PC Suite and click on “Update”.
4. If an update is available, click on “Download” and wait for the download to complete.
5. Once the download is complete, click on “Install” to install the update.
Make sure to backup your important data before updating your device to avoid any data loss.
In conclusion, upgrading to the latest version of the operating system is beneficial for Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite users as it brings new features, improves the performance, and addresses security loopholes. Even if the device is not eligible for Android 13 update, it is advisable to install any available updates regularly. Xiaomi releases periodic system updates that include bug fixes, stability improvements, and new features to enhance user experience. Keeping your Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite updated will ensure that it stays protected from potential security threats. By following the steps mentioned above, users can quickly check if their device is eligible for Android 13 update and manually install it if it becomes available. In conclusion, staying updated is not only necessary for Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite users but any device user to ensure optimal performance and secure usage.