If you’re an owner of Xiaomi Mi 9T, you might be considering the possibility of updating your device to the latest Android operating system, Android 13 Tiramisu. Xiaomi is a renowned smartphone manufacturer that’s known for providing its users with regular updates, improved features, and additional security measures. However, the question remains as to whether or not the Xiaomi Mi 9T will receive an Android 13 Tiramisu update. In this article, we will explore this topic and provide you with the essential information you need to know. We will dive deeper into Xiaomi’s approach to updates and software support, discuss any official and unofficial updates, and provide alternative solutions to enjoy the Android 13 Tiramisu features regardless of whether or not the Xiaomi Mi 9T receives an official update. So, let’s get started and answer the question that is likely on every Xiaomi Mi 9T user’s mind.
Xiaomi’s Approach to Updates and Software Support
Before we dive into the possibility of Xiaomi Mi 9T receiving Android 13 Tiramisu update, it’s worth understanding the approach that Xiaomi takes when it comes to software updates. Xiaomi is known for providing regular updates to its users to ensure better user experiences, improved features, and security updates. However, the duration of support varies across different devices. Here’s a summary of Xiaomi’s approach to updates and software support:
- Most Xiaomi devices receive at least two years of software updates.
- Flagship devices typically receive up to three years of software updates, with occasional security updates up to four years.
- Budget and mid-range devices are likely to receive at least one Android version update, with security updates provided for up to two years.
Now that we have an idea of Xiaomi’s approach to updates and software support let’s examine whether the Xiaomi Mi 9T will receive the Android 13 Tiramisu update.
How many software updates does Xiaomi have?
Xiaomi releases frequent software updates for its devices to improve performance, fix bugs, and provide new features. The number of updates will vary depending on the specific device and its release date. However, it is safe to say that Xiaomi releases several updates per year for most of its products.
Customers can check for available updates on their Xiaomi device by going to Settings > About phone > System updates. Xiaomi also provides download links for its latest software updates on its official website. Additionally, Xiaomi has a community forum where users can get information and support regarding software updates and other device-related issues.
Update Xiaomi Mi 9T To Android 13 Tiramisu: At the time of writing, Xiaomi has not officially announced whether or not the Xiaomi Mi 9T will receive the Android 13 Tiramisu update. However, there are a few factors that we can consider to determine the possibility of the update:
- The Xiaomi Mi 9T originally launched with Android 9.0 Pie and has since received updates to Android 10 and Android 11. This suggests that Xiaomi is likely to release an Android 12 update for the device in the future.
- The Xiaomi Mi 9T is a relatively new device, having been released in 2019. Given that Xiaomi typically provides up to three years of software updates to its flagship devices, there is a possibility that the Xiaomi Mi 9T will receive the Android 13 Tiramisu update.
However, it’s important to note that Xiaomi’s official update schedule is subject to change, and we may not know whether the Xiaomi Mi 9T will receive the Android 13 update until an official announcement is made.
To give you a better idea of how Xiaomi has updated its devices in the past, we’ve compiled a table showing the Xiaomi devices that have received major Android version updates in recent years:
|Original Android Version
|Latest Android Version
|Xiaomi Mi 9
|Android 9.0 Pie
|Xiaomi Mi 10
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
|Android 9.0 Pie
As you can see from the table, Xiaomi has provided major Android version updates to several of its devices in recent years. Therefore, the possibility of Xiaomi Mi 9T receiving the Android 13 Tiramisu update should not be ruled out entirely.
Does Xiaomi have Android updates?
Yes, Xiaomi provides Android updates for their devices. They provide MIUI updates, which is the user interface skin on top of Android OS. MIUI updates are typically released frequently and fix bugs and add new features to their devices.
Xiaomi also releases Android OS updates. However, the frequency and availability of updates vary depending on the device model and region. Some devices may not receive updates as frequently as others.
To check for updates on your Xiaomi device, go to “Settings” > “About phone” > “System update” and check for available updates. You can also check the Xiaomi website or forums for more information on updates and release schedules.
If you’re interested in updating your Xiaomi Mi 9T to the latest operating system, there are a few ways to check for updates. Here’s how:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your Xiaomi Mi 9T.
- Scroll down and select “System“.
- Choose “System Update“.
- If an update is available, you’ll see a notification on this page. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
It’s important to note that if your Xiaomi Mi 9T is currently rooted, you may not be able to receive official software updates automatically. In this case, you may need to install updates manually or restore your device to its original software configuration before attempting to update.
In addition to checking for official system updates, you may also be interested in custom ROMs or third-party firmware that can replicate the Android 13 Tiramisu experience on your Xiaomi Mi 9T. However, it’s important to exercise caution before installing custom ROMs as they can potentially harm your device or void your warranty.
Some popular websites for finding custom ROMs and firmware for Xiaomi devices include:
Before downloading any custom ROM or firmware, be sure to carefully read through the instructions and follow them exactly to avoid any potential issues.
How can I update my Xiaomi version?
To update your Xiaomi version, follow these steps:
1. Open “Settings” on your Xiaomi device.
2. Scroll down and select “About phone”.
3. Select “System update” and then select “Check for updates”.
4. If a newer version is available, select “Download update”.
5. Once the download is complete, select “Install update”.
Alternatively, you can use the Xiaomi website to download and manually install updates. Here are the steps:
1. Go to the Xiaomi website and select your device model.
2. Select “Downloads” and then select “ROM”.
3. Choose the latest version and download the corresponding ROM package.
4. Transfer the downloaded file to your device storage.
5. Open “Updater” app on your device and select “Choose update package”.
6. Select the downloaded ROM package and follow the instructions to install the update.
Remember to backup your data before proceeding with the update to avoid any data loss.
As of now, it remains unclear whether Xiaomi will release an official Android 13 Tiramisu update for the Xiaomi Mi 9T. However, Xiaomi provides software updates for their devices for up to three years, so it’s possible that the Xiaomi Mi 9T could receive the update in the future.
While waiting for official updates, you can still enjoy the features of the Android 13 Tiramisu by using launchers or apps that replicate the experience. If you decide to use custom ROMs or firmware, exercise caution as these can potentially harm your device.
In any case, it’s always a good idea to keep your device updated with the latest security patches and software updates whenever possible to ensure optimal performance and security. By following the steps listed in this article, you can check for system updates on your Xiaomi Mi 9T and keep your device up-to-date.