Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro is a mid-range smartphone that has gained a decent reputation among tech enthusiasts for its high-end features at an affordable price. Released in May 2020, Poco F2 Pro offers impressive hardware specifications, such as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 chipset, 6-8GB of RAM, 128-256GB of internal storage, and a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. Additionally, the phone features a pop-up selfie camera, a quad-camera setup on the back with a 64-megapixel main lens, a 5,020mAh battery, and support for NFC, 5G, and IR blaster. The device runs on Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top, which offers a custom skin and some additional features like Mi Share and Game Turbo. Although Poco F2 Pro has received positive reviews and feedback from many users, some people are curious about the possibility of updating their phone to the latest version of Android, which is Android 13 Tiramisu. In this article, we will explore the current status of the software update for Poco F2 Pro and provide some tips and warnings for those who want to try it.
As of September 2021, Xiaomi has not officially announced a plan to release Android 13 Tiramisu for Poco F2 Pro. However, the company has a good track record of providing software updates and security patches regularly, so there is a chance that Poco F2 Pro will receive the Android 13 update in the future. Some sources indicate that Xiaomi may release an MIUI 13 update based on Android 12 first, which could bring some new features and performance improvements to Poco F2 Pro. Other sources suggest that Xiaomi may skip Android 12 and directly update Poco F2 Pro to Android 13, since the phone is already compatible with most of the requirements for Android 13. Additionally, some developers and enthusiasts are working on creating custom ROMs based on Android 13 for Poco F2 Pro, which may offer more flexibility and customization options than the official ROM.
To stay informed about the status of Poco F2 Pro’s software updates, you can check the following websites and sources:
– Xiaomi’s official website: https://www.mi.com/global/
– Poco’s official website: https://www.poco.net/global/
– MIUI official forum: https://en.miui.com/forum.php
– XDA Developers forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f2-pro
– Twitter and Telegram channels of Xiaomi and Poco developers: @xiaomi, @poco_global
How many years of updates for Xiaomi 13?
According to Xiaomi’s official website, the Xiaomi 13 receives software updates for a period of 3 years. Users can check for updates on their device or on the Xiaomi website.
Preparation and Prerequisites
Before you attempt to update Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro to Android 13 Tiramisu, make sure you follow these steps to avoid any potential issues:
- Back up your data, contacts, messages, and media files to a secure location such as Google Drive, Xiaomi Cloud, or a microSD card.
- Charge your Poco F2 Pro to at least 50%, or connect it to a power source during the update process to prevent battery drain or interruption.
- Check your internet connectivity and Wi-Fi signal strength. It is recommended to use a stable and fast Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data to download and install updates, as it can consume more data and time.
- Update your Xiaomi or Poco software apps, including MIUI System Updater and Mi Fit app, to the latest versions to ensure compatibility and security.
- Check the available storage space on your Poco F2 Pro, as the update package may require several gigabytes of free space. You can delete unnecessary apps, files, or cache to free up space, or use a file manager app to transfer files to an external storage device.
- Disable any anti-virus or firewall app that may block the update process, or add the update tool to the trusted list.
It is worth noting that updating Poco F2 Pro to Android 13 Tiramisu may have some interesting facts or features, such as:
|Material You design
|Android 13 introduces a new design language called Material You, which allows you to customize the system colors, fonts, and icons based on your preferences or photos.
|Enhanced notification management
|Android 13 improves the way you can manage your notifications, with more options to mute, snooze, prioritize, or bundle them based on the app or category.
|Privacy and security enhancements
|Android 13 brings several improvements to the privacy and security features, such as added permissions control, restricted folder access, and biometric authentication.
|Increased performance and battery life
|Android 13 aims to optimize the system performance and reduce the battery consumption, with features such as seamless updates, adaptive battery, and power-saving mode.
To ensure that your Poco F2 Pro can fully utilize these features, you can check the following websites and sources:
– Official Android website: https://www.android.com/
– Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/
– XDA Developers forums and blogs: https://www.xda-developers.com/
– Poco community forum: https://c.mi.com/global/forum-331-1.html
Can I skip an update of MIUI?
Yes, you can skip an update of MIUI. However, it is not recommended as updates generally bring bug fixes, performance improvements, and new features. Here are some things to keep in mind if you decide to skip an update:
– Skipping updates may lead to missing out on important security patches.
– Skipping too many updates may result in you being unable to update your device in the future.
– Some apps may not work properly if your device is not on the latest version of MIUI.
If you still want to skip an update, be sure to backup your device first. You can also check the MIUI website or forum for any known issues with the current update.
Ways to Update Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro to Android 13 Tiramisu
There are several ways to update your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro to Android 13 Tiramisu, depending on your skills, preferences, and resources. Here are the most common methods and their pros and cons:
- Using Xiaomi’s update tool:
- Flashing a custom ROM:
- Downloading an OTA update manually:
This is the easiest and safest way to install Android 13 on your Poco F2 Pro. You can check for updates directly from your device’s System Updater app, download the update package, and follow the instructions to install it. However, this method may take longer to receive the OTA update, and may not work for rooted or unlocked devices.
This method involves installing a third-party firmware based on Android 13 and compatible with Poco F2 Pro. You can use tools like TWRP recovery or Fastboot mode to flash the ROM, but this requires more technical skills, and may void your warranty or brick your device if done incorrectly. However, this method may provide more features, customization options, and performance improvements compared to the official update.
This method is similar to the first one, but instead of waiting for the official OTA update to arrive, you can manually download the update package from Xiaomi’s website or other sources. This may be faster and more convenient, but may also expose you to security risks, compatibility issues, or errors if the package is not verified or authentic.
Before you proceed with any of these methods, make sure you read the instructions carefully, back up your data, and double-check the source and reliability of the update package. You can also consult the following websites or forums to get more information or support:
How to update Xiaomi Poco X3?
To update your Xiaomi Poco X3, follow these steps:
1. Go to “Settings” on your phone.
2. Scroll down and tap on “About phone”.
3. Tap on “System update”.
4. Tap on “Check for updates”.
5. If an update is available, download and install it.
Alternatively, you can update your Poco X3 using Xiaomi’s Mi PC Suite. This software allows you to manage, update, and backup your phone through your computer. You can download the Mi PC Suite from the Xiaomi website.
Note that it is important to back up your data before updating your phone to avoid losing any important information.
|Steps to update Xiaomi Poco X3
|1. Go to “Settings” on your phone.
|2. Scroll down and tap on “About phone”.
|3. Tap on “System update”.
|4. Tap on “Check for updates”.
|5. If an update is available, download and install it.
- Alternatively, you can update your Poco X3 using Xiaomi’s Mi PC Suite.
- This software allows you to manage, update, and backup your phone through your computer.
- You can download the Mi PC Suite from the Xiaomi website.
- Note that it is important to back up your data before updating your phone to avoid losing any important information.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Updating your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro to Android 13 Tiramisu can be a rewarding experience if done correctly, as it may improve your device’s performance, security, and user experience. However, it also involves some risks and challenges, especially if you choose to use unofficial methods or sources.
Therefore, we recommend that you follow the official instructions and wait for Xiaomi to release the stable and verified version of Android 13 for Poco F2 Pro. This may take some time, but it is worth the wait, as you can avoid potential data loss, malware, or hardware damage. Moreover, the official update may provide better compatibility with your apps, hardware, and accessories, and also come with new features and optimizations.
If you are not satisfied with the current performance or features of your Poco F2 Pro, you can try other ways to optimize or customize it, such as clearing the cache, disabling unused apps, changing the launcher, or rooting your device. However, these methods require more caution and research, as they may affect your device’s warranty, security, or stability.
In summary, updating your Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro to Android 13 Tiramisu should be a careful and well-informed decision, based on your needs, preferences, and skills. You can always consult the official or community resources for more guidance, and share your feedback or questions with the online communities.