Asus ZenFone 8 is a high-end smartphone that was released in May 2021. It features a 5.9-inch AMOLED display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset, up to 16GB of RAM, up to 256GB of internal storage, and a dual-camera setup (64MP+12MP) on the back. The phone runs on Android 11 out of the box, which is the latest operating system at the time of its release. However, like any Android phone, the ZenFone 8 is subject to software updates that bring new features, bug fixes, and security patches. And with the upcoming release of Android 13, ZenFone 8 users might be wondering if and when they can get the new version on their device. In this article, we will explain how to update Asus ZenFone 8 to Android 13 Tiramisu, including the prerequisites, the methods, and the possible issues. Whether you are a tech-savvy user or a casual owner, you can follow our guide to stay up-to-date with the latest Android software and enhance your ZenFone 8 experience.
Prerequisites for Updating Asus ZenFone 8 to Android 13 Tiramisu
Before you start the process of updating your Asus ZenFone 8 to Android 13 Tiramisu, there are a few things you need to consider. These include:
- Make sure your ZenFone 8 is charged above 50% to avoid unexpected shut down during the update process.
- Back up your important data such as contacts, photos, music, documents, and apps. You can use Google Drive, Asus Sync, or other cloud services to sync and store your data.
- Check if you have enough storage space on your phone to download and install the update. Android 13 is expected to be around 2 to 3 gigabytes in size, so you may need to free up some storage if you are running low.
- Update your ZenFone 8 to the latest available version of Android 11 (or whatever version you are currently running) before updating to Android 13. This ensures a smoother and more stable transition between the software versions.
- Disable any third-party apps or features that may interfere with the update process, such as custom ROMs, root access, VPNs, or antivirus software.
By following these prerequisites, you can avoid some common issues and errors that may occur during the update process. If you encounter any difficulties, you can consult the Asus support website or forums for more information.
How do I update my Asus Zenfone?
To update your Asus Zenfone, you can follow these simple steps:
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on System updates.
- Tap on Check for update.
- If an update is available, tap on Download and install.
If the above steps don’t work, you can manually update your device by visiting the Asus support website and downloading the latest firmware for your device. Ensure that you choose the correct model number and version before downloading. You can also use the Asus PC Link or Asus Zenfone PC suite to update your device.
Note that before updating your device, it is advisable to backup your data to avoid any loss of important information.
Android 13 Tiramisu is still in development and not much is known about its features and changes. However, based on the previous Android releases and leaks, we can expect some improvements and innovations in the following areas:
– User privacy and security, with more controls and options to prevent data leaks and breaches.
– Better performance and efficiency, with more advanced power-saving features and faster app loading times.
– Enhanced visual and audio experiences, with new camera modes, video codecs, and sound enhancements.
– More customization and personalization options, with new themes, wallpapers, and icons.
– Improved connectivity and compatibility, with support for more devices and services such as smart homes, wearables, and 5G networks.
It is also possible that Android 13 will have some exclusive features for Asus ZenFone 8 or other devices, as well as bug fixes and patches for known issues. As Android 13 is still in its early stages of development, some of these features and changes may be subject to change or cancellation. We will update this article when more information becomes available.
Here is a table that summarizes the expected timeline for Android 13 release and Asus ZenFone 8 update:
|Android 13 announcement (Google I/O)||May 2022|
|Android 13 Beta release||June 2022|
|Android 13 stable release||Q4 2022|
|Asus ZenFone 8 Android 13 update notification||TBD|
|Asus ZenFone 8 Android 13 update rollout||TBD|
In conclusion, the Android 13 Tiramisu release is expected to include several important updates and features, such as better performance, enhanced audio-visual experiences, and improved security measures. While we don’t yet know exactly what the update will entail, we expect the release to arrive in late 2022, with the Asus ZenFone 8 update to follow sometime after. We will provide updates as more information becomes available, so stay tuned!
What features will be in Android 13?
Unfortunately, as of now, there is no official information on what features will be included in Android 13. It is expected to be released in the fall of 2022. However, there are a few rumored features, such as enhanced privacy settings, improved camera capabilities, and upgraded voice recognition. Keep an eye on the official Android website for more information as it becomes available.
Preparing Your Asus ZenFone 8 for the Android 13 Update
Before you update your Asus ZenFone 8 to Android 13 Tiramisu, you should take some precautions to ensure a smooth and safe process. Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Back up your important data such as contacts, messages, photos, and files. You can use Asus cloud, Google drive, or other backup services to store your data in the cloud, or you can transfer it to a computer or external storage device.
- Check your battery level and charge your phone to at least 50%. You don’t want your phone to run out of power during the update, or it may cause errors or corruption.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps or data to free up space on your phone. Android 13 may require more storage than Android 12, so make sure you have enough space for the update and the new apps or files.
- Update your apps and firmware to the latest versions before updating to Android 13. This can prevent compatibility issues and improve performance and security.
- Disable any antivirus, security, or firewall apps temporarily during the update. These apps may interfere with the update process and cause errors or delays. You can re-enable them after the update is finished.
By preparing your Asus ZenFone 8 for the Android 13 update, you can reduce the risk of data loss, software errors, or hardware damage. If you encounter any issues during the update, you can try to troubleshoot them or seek help from Asus support or forums. Keep in mind that updating to a new Android version may also affect the appearance and functionality of your phone, and some apps or settings may need to be reconfigured or updated as well.
How do I boot my Asus Zenfone?
To boot your Asus Zenfone, press and hold the power button until the Zenfone logo appears on the screen. If your Zenfone is not responding, try the following steps:
1. Check the battery – Make sure the battery is adequately charged.
2. Remove the battery – If the device is not responding and you can remove the battery, try removing the battery and reinserting it and then press & hold the power button again.
3. Perform a hard reset – Press and hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds, until the device vibrates and restarts.
If the above steps do not work, visit the Asus support website or contact customer support for further assistance.
What’s New in Android 13 Tiramisu for Asus ZenFone 8
Android 13 Tiramisu is expected to bring new features, improvements, and security updates to your Asus ZenFone 8. Here are some of the highlights of the new version:
- Enhanced privacy features such as app permissions, mic and camera indicators, and sensor access controls
- Improved performance and speed for apps and system processes
- New customizable widgets, wallpapers, and themes
- Support for foldable and dual-screen devices, including split-screen and multi-window modes
- Built-in support for Google Assistant and other voice assistants
- Updated security patches and bug fixes for known vulnerabilities
Of course, the exact features and changes may vary depending on the specific model and region of your Asus ZenFone 8, so you should check the official release notes from Asus to get the most accurate information. You can also check online forums, tech news, or social media for user reviews and feedback about Android 13 Tiramisu. If you have any questions or concerns about the update, you can contact Asus customer support or visit the Asus community pages.
Is Android 13 Tiramisu?
Android 13 is not Tiramisu. It’s important to note that Android operating systems are named after desserts, but Tiramisu has not been used as a name yet. The current version of Android is Android 11. If you’re looking for more information about Android operating systems and their names, you can visit Google’s website dedicated to Android versions and names: https://www.android.com/history/.
Conclusion: Upgrade Your Asus ZenFone 8 to Android 13 Tiramisu
Updating your Asus ZenFone 8 to Android 13 Tiramisu can bring many benefits, including new features, improved performance, and enhanced security. Whether you choose to wait for the official notification, manually check for updates, or use the Asus flash tool, make sure you follow the guidelines and precautions to avoid data loss, bricking, or other issues. Also, be patient and don’t rush the process, as it may take some time for the update to roll out to your device. Once you have successfully upgraded to Android 13, take some time to explore the new features and enjoy the improvements. As always, keep your phone updated with the latest software and security patches to ensure the best user experience and protection.