The Xiaomi Mi 5s was once at the forefront of the smartphone market, boasting an exceptional processor, display, and build quality. Released in 2016, the device ran on MIUI 8, based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Despite being an older smartphone now, the Xiaomi Mi 5s remains popular among many users who are not ready to upgrade their device yet. Fortunately, Xiaomi has a reputation for providing reliable updates to its devices, which implies that users can expect to get the most out of their Xiaomi Mi 5s for longer. Recently, there has been speculation that Xiaomi is preparing to roll out a subsequent update to the Xiaomi Mi 5s; Android 13 Tiramisu. Speculation suggests that Android 13 would bring with it new and exciting features that will enhance the user experience, including improvements to the user interface, enhanced messaging, and new security features. While Xiaomi has not made any official announcements about this, many are hoping that the Xiaomi Mi 5s will soon receive the update, allowing it to remain competitive in the present and future market.
What to Expect from Android 13 Tiramisu on Xiaomi Mi 5s
If the Xiaomi Mi 5s does receive the anticipated update to Android 13 Tiramisu, users can expect many benefits. The Android 13 Tiramisu update will bring with it new features and performance enhancements. Here are some expected benefits of updating Xiaomi Mi 5s to Android 13 Tiramisu:
- Improved User Interface
- Better Privacy and Security features
- Enhanced Messaging and Calling Features
- Improved and Better-optimized Battery Life
- Updated Notification Panel
- Improved Performance and Faster App-loading times
- Better Compatibility with newer apps
Other than these, the newer update would bring many other features that would enhance the user experience on the Xiaomi Mi 5s smartphone. The update could also improve how the device handles multitasking and memory management, leading to smoother and more fluid performance. Xiaomi is known for providing updates regularly to its devices; therefore, the Xiaomi Mi 5s remains a good investment for users who value long-term upgrades.
What are the features of Android 13 update?
Android 13 update features rendering support for COLR version 1 fonts and updates the system emoji to the COLRv1 format. It also allows apps with custom tiles to make them available in Quick Settings. Another feature is a standard visual confirmation for clipboard content. The update is expected to be released on March 8, 2023.
Will Xiaomi Mi 5s Receive the Android 13 Tiramisu Update?
While Xiaomi has not made any official announcement regarding the Android 13 Tiramisu update for Xiaomi Mi 5s, there are a few factors to consider:
- Xiaomi has an excellent track record when it comes to providing software updates to its devices.
- The Xiaomi Mi 5s received Android 8.0 Oreo, which is a testament to Xiaomi’s commitment to providing updates for its older devices.
However, there are still several factors that may influence whether or not a device receives an update. These include:
- The age of the device – as devices get older, the probability of receiving updates decreases.
- Hardware compatibility – newer updates may require more robust hardware specifications to run efficiently.
Here is a table showing Xiaomi’s track record of providing software updates to its devices:
|Last OS Update
|Xiaomi Mi 11
|Xiaomi Mi 10
|Xiaomi Mi 9
|Xiaomi Mi 8
|Xiaomi Mi 6
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
It is worth noting that Xiaomi’s update schedule varies depending on the region and the phone’s variant. Some devices may receive updates earlier or later than others. Regardless, if Xiaomi does push the update to Android 13 Tiramisu for Xiaomi Mi 5s, it will be an impressive feat considering the phone’s age.
Will Xiaomi get Android 12 update?
Yes, Xiaomi has confirmed that some of its devices will get the Android 12 update in Q1 2022. The complete list of devices that will receive the update has already been shared by the company. Xiaomi has also released their Android 12 based MIUI 13 globally that emphasizes core performance and optimization of the UI.
Benefits of Updating Xiaomi Mi 5s to Android 13 Tiramisu
If Xiaomi releases the update for Xiaomi Mi 5s to Android 13 Tiramisu, it could bring many benefits to the users, such as:
- New features – Android 13 is expected to bring many new features, including an improved user interface, updated messaging, enhanced privacy and security features, and more.
- Better performance – As the hardware requirements increase, Xiaomi is likely to optimize the software better, improving the performance and making the device faster and more responsive.
- Compatibility – With each new software update, there are compatibility improvements with newer apps, making sure the users get a functional phone.
- Improved security – Android 13 is expected to get better security features than the previous versions, aiding the users to secure their phones from any malicious attacks.
It is worthwhile to note that delaying or ignoring updates could result in vulnerabilities that could be exploited by cybercriminals. Therefore, it’s crucial to monitor software update news and install the updates as and when they become available.
Is it good to update your Xiaomi phone?
Updating your Xiaomi phone is safe, but keep in mind that after each update your phone may consume more battery and provide less RAM. It’s ultimately up to you whether or not to update when you receive a notification. For more information, visit Xiaomi’s website or contact their customer support.
How to Update Xiaomi Mi 5s to Android 13 Tiramisu
It’s not clear yet when and if Xiaomi will release the Android 13 update to the Xiaomi Mi 5s smartphone. However, when the update becomes available, users can update their devices via the following methods:
- OTA Update: Over-the-air updates are the most convenient and straightforward way of updating your device’s software. When the update becomes available, the device will automatically notify the users, and they can install the update directly through their device.
- Manual Download: Xiaomi may release the firmware update files on their official website. Users may download the firmware files from the Xiaomi website and install them manually using the updater app.
It is essential to back up all essential data before updating the device software. Additionally, it is advisable to charge the device’s battery and have a stable internet connection before installing updates. Users must check before installing updates that their device has enough storage to download the update files.
How to update software on Xiaomi?
To update software on Xiaomi, go to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update on your Xiaomi device. Check for updates and install the latest version available. It’s recommended to connect to a Wi-Fi network to avoid extra data charges. You can also watch this video tutorial on “How to Update Your Xiaomi Phone Using Updater App” on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSl34k_oxaU.
The Xiaomi Mi 5s is a device that has aged gracefully. Despite being released in 2016, it still offers exceptional features that make it stand out from many other devices in the market. If Xiaomi decides to push Android 13 to the device, it will certainly enhance the user experience, making the device even more relevant in today’s market.
Android 13 is set to bring many exciting features to the devices, including improved performance, enhanced privacy, and security updates. It makes sense for Xiaomi to update the Mi 5s to Android 13, ensuring its longevity and delivering a better experience to users.
If you have a Xiaomi Mi 5s, stay on the lookout for updates to be released and be ready to upgrade your device when the update becomes available. Remember to have a backup of all critical data before updating the device’s software, keep the device charged, and ensure you have a stable internet connection.
In conclusion, the Xiaomi Mi 5s is still a fantastic device, and upgrading to Android 13 Tiramisu will likely make it more exceptional, promoting better performance, improved features, and additional security updates.